Some parents are surprised to hear that their baby can enjoy a tasty curry from so early on in their weaning journey. Once your little one is around 7–8 months old, they will probably like a mild, aromatic chicken curry (and you will too!).
MAKES: 4 PORTIONS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1cm dice
- 200g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 200g chicken thigh fillet, cut into 1.5cm dice
- ½ tsp mild korma curry powder
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 175ml homemade chicken stock, unsalted chicken stock or water
- 3 dried apricots, finely chopped
- Rice, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion, pepper, squash and chicken.
- Add the curry powder and ginger and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock and apricots. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend to a chunky or smooth consistency. Serve with rice, if liked.
For lots more recipe inspiration visit www.annabelkarmel.com
Guest Blog by Annabel Karmel